Monday, August 1, 2011

Caffeine and the art of insomnia

I slept mostly well last night, for once. It helped, I think, that I had the whole bed to throw myself across. It did not help, however, that my iPod and glasses were on the pillow next to me and kept falling off. I don't know why I never bothered to move them. But last night was probably the best night's sleep I've had in awhile, despite the constant waking up.

I never did play DII last night. Because... I fell asleep. Hah. But I think I got enough sleep that I can pull a late-nighter tonight, because I'm really looking forward to it. I feel really bad for M though, because I keep saying 'Yeah, I'll play, I'll play,' then it just doesn't happen. He's probably getting frustrated with me. SORRY, M!!!!! *HUG*

Thanks to being sick I've discovered that a whole lot of the games I play make me sick to my stomach. It's mostly the swift, dizzying camera angle changes. Makes me very sad, because I'm really beginning to miss playing. I hate how being sick affects my head. Le sigh.

The adolescent is leaving today, for a whole week. It... actually, it won't be much different than with her here, because she spends so much time either in her room or hanging out with M. I hardly ever see her anymore. I kinda miss her. I'll REALLY miss her while she's gone. I usually do. For the first couple days I'm grateful I don't have to listen to the whining or arguing, but after that I'm like, "WAAAHHHH I WANT MY BABY GIRL BAAAACK!!!" So I love my kids, sue me. Haha.

The baby has been obnoxious today. Took him to the store without a cart, and he decides to grab as much as he can (thank heavens he didn't break anything), and run to the automatic doors to open them while I'm trying to pay. Unfortunately it's going to keep happening for awhile because he's going to have to learn to stay with me while we're out, and the only way to do that is to let him walk on his own. It's going to be a bitch.

I hate getting distracted by the internet when I'm trying to blog. Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment