Saturday, July 30, 2011

No 'Poo, Diablo II, and other things that may or may not rhyme

L found, somehow, found information on the "no shampoo" movement that involves "washing" hair with baking soda and water, and "conditioning" with apple cider vinegar and water. There have been an awful lot of good things said about washing your hair with baking soda, including such things as it gets rid of dandruff and helps ease conditions that cause scalp flaking and sores. So, I'm giving it a go. You're only supposed to wash every few days, and either leave your hair dry or simply rinse with plain water in between, and that's not a problem for me since I don't wash my hair that often anyway. Yesterday was my first baking soda and vinegar wash, and I went into it with *really* greasy hair, because I hadn't washed it in probably 4 days or so. Well, by the time I got out of the shower I was displeased, my hair felt like absolute SHIT, and was far worse after I brushed it and it was plastered to my scalp. HOWEVER, it was VERY easy to brush. surprisingly so... I'd thought it would have been horrible, considering baking soda is drying and well, vinegar kind of is too. Not the case. So, after my hair dried, I was completely amazed to find it not at all greasy, and incredibly soft and smooth and had a lot of body and just... Wow. WOW. There are tons of recipes for baking soda wash, but this is what I used - 1 T soda to 1c warm water, mixed well to dissolve the soda, rubbed into the scalp and rinsed WELL. For the vinegar I used the same - 1 T vinegar to 1c water, just run through the hair (not the scalp) and rinsed. You don't use the vinegar all at once though, haha, you just use however much you need and keep the rest. Don't keep what you don't use of the soda water though, toss that and make it new every time.

Okay, now that *that* boring part's over, I'm about to start playing DII co-op. I've never played it before (I think I mentioned that previously), and I've got a character build in mind that looks pretty interesting. I'm starting with a bone necro, and hopefully that'll work out because necro's a fun class to play. However, if I end up full of fail, my next choice is a cold sorc. Frosty fun!

Been building in Minecraft on my friend M's sister's server lately, with lots and lots of glass, obsidian and stone. And ladders. I'm building in, on and around cliffs, so the only access points will be ladders. Ladders up and ladders down. I'm sure eventually there will be minecart rails, and based on the fact that I'm building very very close to M, we'll probably end up sharing a system and I'll build a hub between our build sites. I might post pictures soon - M's working on an epic build, and I'm just having fun.

It's been awhile since I've really blogged about my kids... The baby's doing really well, he's growing fast and learning faster. Still not talking much though, but that's not a terrible surprise; it tends to run on both sides of the family - kids don't talk until they're ready to talk in full sentences. He loves to "read" his books, and harass the dogs, and run around screaming, and talk on the phone. It's cute. HE'S cute. Now, the adolescent... She's kind of a handful. But what adolescent isn't, right? She's got her own phone now, which is awesome, and I just got her a state ID, which is also awesome; both of those things make me feel better about her being out and about. Her attitude is lessening, and she's getting brighter and generally awesome. She's getting headaches a lot, though. I need to take her in to get new glasses and that might help, but if it doesn't I'm going to have to take her back to the doc for it. Le sigh. But really, all in all, the kids are doing great, and life is generally good around here.

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment