Friday, August 5, 2011

Human Revolution

After enjoying watching, but not playing, Deus Ex and Deus Ex: Invisible Wars, I'm very much looking forward to actually playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Human Revolution has been in development since 2006 (announced in May 2007), and is finally, FINALLY being released by Square Enix in August.


The graphics are absolutely fucking incredible, in my opinion, but I'm not fond of the art style. It's got a terrific cyberpunk feel to it, with hints of steampunk here and there. The only thing I could wish would be the use of less sepia and more.... not sepia. I think the art director for this game went a little crazy on the "historical picture" aspect. The gameplay looks outstanding, with transitioning between the 4 different pillars exceptional. Also... being a prequel means I won't have missed out by not having played the other 2 games. I also am ecstatic that they're using a regenerative health model, rather than forcing you to halt all activity until you manage to scrounge together enough food or medpacks. Your health won't regenerate quickly enough that there's no challenge, however, so getting through the game isn't going to be a breeze. Thankfully.

Oh, let's not forget the music. The Music, man. The music is fucking outstanding. Reminiscent of Daft Punk's Tron: Legacy soundtrack, the music is one of the things I'm looking forward to most about the game.

Unfortunately, because it's a prequel, the weapons system isn't quite the same. Deus Ex and Invisible Wars both used a single depleting ammo source, whereas Human Revolution will have different types of ammo/weapons, to be upgraded as necessary. Having ammo that could potentially run out during boss fights is going to be annoying, but it will be pretty realistic... for as far as the Deus Ex games are realistic, anyway.

Okay... I had more I was going to say, but it's taken me 3 hours to write this much. I give. There may be more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment