Sunday, August 28, 2011

MTV VMAs, What a Joke.

I remember MTV when it was still new and shiny, and played, oh, I don't know, MUSIC VIDEOS. MTV is no longer about the music, it's about television ratings. MTV stopped airing videos, and so they created M2, which was cool for awhile, but then they did the SAME THING.

For the past many years, I haven't watched the MTV video music awards. Last time I saw the VMAs, it was all about the artists, the videos, the cinematography, the direction. That was better than 10 years ago. Now it's just about who they can showcase. I made the mistake of watching being horrified at the VMAs tonight, and... wow. WOW. Fucking ripoff. They only actually showed a few categories, and everything inbetween was performances ridiculous behaviour. There was ONE good performance tonight, and that was Adele. God she's beautiful. Anyway, all the nominee categories weren't even close to presented, and the few that were were so poorly presented and so short that I had no idea who the hell was even nominated most of the time.

MTV, I knew there was a reason I started hating you with the fiery passion of a thousand hot taco and curry eaters with severe irritable bowel syndrome.

No comments:

Post a Comment