Thursday, July 28, 2011

PCs, headaches and inconsequential nonesense.

My "new" laptop is working out beautifully. Except for having a bit of a small HD (which I can deal with pretty easily) it runs close enough to the way I want it. It's a bit faster than my old one - faster processor, more memory, better graphics memory, etc. It's odd to have such an improvement but effectively be looking at the same computer (they're the exact same model). I've been using it for several days now, and so far, since I haven't done anything impressive on it yet, the biggest differences I've noticed have been in how fast applications load and graphics in some games. And they keyboard is fucking terrific. I've missed having a keyboard that works correctly 100% of the time. I do my best, but sometimes it's hard to keep things perfect around, y'know, babies. Hopefully I'll be able to maintain this one, though. :D

I slept on the couch last night ("slept" being a relative term, I suppose) for probably about 2, maybe MAYBE 2 and a half hours. The baby woke up SUPER early (5am) and hubby agreed to take care of him for a couple hours and let me sleep a little more in the bed. So, 2 hours, an hour of sleep, and a FUCKING POUNDING headache later, and I end up having to get up because hubby just can't stay awake anymore. Overnights, fine, I understand, but then he tells me how AWESOME he is at his job (woot) and because of that awesomeness he got um... Starburst. His HUGE AWESOME news of AWESOME DOOM was that he got *Starburst* for being good at his job. I was expecting some bonus or something the way he was going on, but no.... candy. I don't even know how to react to that. Especially since he gave me the candy. Hahahahaha! I guess all I can do is laugh, because... well, yeah.

I hate the unpredictability of online orders. Never know what money's going to come out when. Especially when what is ordered doesn't have a release date yet. Fucking TOR.

Okay. We desperately need a new router. DESPERATELY. This one is off more often than it's on these days. I hate the fact that I can't do *anything* right now, thanks to the fact that my internet connection is so damn iffy because the router is failing. It's not so bad for those who have direct connections via cat5 cables, but.... those of us with wireless connections are just screwed.

Time for me to go run errands.

No comments:

Post a Comment