Saturday, July 23, 2011

The Old Switcheroo

God, switching computers sucks. I do it every few years, and every time I forget what a damn hassle it is to get done! I'm on a new laptop (which is a hand-me-down and fortunately the previous owner, my friend and roommate M, left a few things on so I wouldnt' have to worry), and the HD is half the size of my old one. So there's not a lot I can do except store stuff on my external (which I am) until I either stick my external in here (hah, it's a laptop drive in a case, muahaha) or just get a new drive in general. It sucks having no space - my old laptop was a 250 gig, the new one is a 130 (130!!!!! How did my friend survive on 130 gig??!!), and my external is a 320. I'd really like at least a 500, so I've got room for not only my games (yeah, despite my last post, I *do* still own, and play, some PC games) but my music, pictures, videos, and at least a few movies so I don't have to stick them on my hubby's stupid-big 3tb (two 1.5tb really) drive.

Last night I was up until after 4am just messing with all my music, trying to get it into iTunes without all the damn duplicates (don't know why, but when I added my music it duplicated all 3,000 files, aaahhh!!!), deleting everything, re-adding everything, re-making my playlist, blargle blargle. I wish I could say 'fuckin iPod' but y'know, it would have taken more time with just my mp3's than with iTunes. Now I just have to do the rest! Whee!

Pretty graphics, though. That's one of the biggest reasons I switched out, even though this has a smaller HD, is because it's a faster processor with more memory and a better graphics card. All of this means it'll be so much easier to run my more graphics intensive games, like oh say WoW... Heeh.

Some time in the next year I'll probably be taking advantage of my hubby's work program, they have a partnership with Dell and for a 10% down payment you can finance a computer through the company instead of through Dell directly, and the payments are taken out of paychecks instead of your bank account. Awesome Alienware FTW. I Heart Alienware, and fully intend on getting one someday.

Uhmm.... I think I ran out of things to say. My son is being a whiny-butt and my daughter's playing the Xbox, my hubby's out doing yardwork and both roommates are sleeping. Rawr.

No comments:

Post a Comment