Thursday, May 12, 2011

Minecraft is balls.

I've been playing Minecraft for a week now, and it's one of the few PC games that I've been well and truly enjoying. I'm learning *very* quickly (I've already learned more about it than the person who introduced me to it, muahahaha), and it's fun to see all the terrain and figure what I could come up with to incorporate the natural landscape into homes and halls and etc. Unfortunately, in all this exploration, I hopelessly lost my spawn point, and can't just die and respawn because I'd lose *everything* I've been collecting... including sugar cane, which is really difficult to find. But Minecraft... STUPID minecraft... has been crashing on me today. A lot. I finally had to give it up for the morning and do other things.

My daughter has been giving us hell the past couple of days. Not sure what is going on with her, but she's been a royal brat; screaming at L, screaming at her dad, trying to "run away" at 5am, etc. It's gotten to the point where I'm tempted to lock her in her room for awhile. I think she genuinely felt bad about screaming at her dad though, which was yesterday morning, because yesterday evening while I was out with M, S took it upon herself to clean the rest of the house after she was done doing dishes. She took care of the living room floor, moved all the laundry in the hallway out of the way so I could get my gimpy ass through on crutches, and started working on her dad's corner. Had it mostly cleaned out by the time we got back from dinner.

L's been really helpful lately too. She's been doing nearly everything, and it sucks that I have to let her because I can't. Every time I try to do things for myself (or the kids), I end up hurting myself more. Hubby's no real help because he's either sleeping, working, or on his PC and generally ignoring the rest of us. It's doubly difficult for me now because I re-injured my foot this morning when I tripped and slammed it down on something hard, right at the injured point. Now I kind of have to start all over.

My youngest has been entertaining, and a pain in the butt, simultaneously. How does that even happen? He does things he's not supposed to do, he KNOWS he's not supposed to do them, and I find it hilarious sometimes. It's really hard not to laugh; sometimes I *do* laugh, then I get a stern look from someone-who's-not-me because laughing at him is only reenforcement of the thing he's not supposed to be doing in the first place. 'Sok though, really, because he's awfully good, regardless of the times he spends blatantly ignoring or disobeying us.

Hum. I think I'm done for now. I have some more personal stuff I want to write about, but I'm not sure if I want to write about it publically. O_O

No comments:

Post a Comment