Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Gimp

So today.... today I'm gimpy. A lame horse. I should be put down with a bullet to the brainpan.

To explain - yesterday, I tripped over a curb I didn't know was there. I went flying into a wall, but while I was trying to right myself (or at least not take a header into the concrete) too much strain was put on my left foot and I tore my plantar fascia. For those that don't know, it's the tendon that makes the arch of the foot - connected to the heel and ball respectively. I've been having problems with plantar fasciitis for awhile already, so it was already strained to begin with. Now it's torn. Not completely separated, thank goodness, but it's torn enough that I can't bear any weight on that foot, save a minute amount on the ball of my foot.

Thus, I am on crutches... crutches that M bought for me out of the extreme kindness of his huge, mushy heart of doom. I fucking love him.

L, not having a job at the moment, will be taking care of the kids and myself pretty much full time until I'm able to walk again. I fucking love her too.

Hubby will still be going to work full time since L is here to help out with J and S, which is good because we really can't afford for him to take the time off.

I hate being a useless lump. I despise not being able to do things for myself; not being able to take care of my kids myself is even worse. This is probably one of the most awful feelings in the world. I can't even get my own damn coffee, L had to make it for me. O_O

I hope this heals soon. Standard healing time is around a month, I think, and then begins the "physical therapy". Since I don't have insurance, I'll be doing it myself.

Aaaaaand, I just got news that my grandpa's in the hospital with pneumonia, so I'm done with this post.

1 comment:

  1. You are NOT a useless lump. Even if you can't walk, your brain still works, and that's definitely an incredibly necessary part of successful life in this house. And if I hear another word about you being a lame horse that should be put down, I'll give you a real reason to want that.

    I love you, too.

    ReplyDelete